Insurance When You Travel

If you're currently enrolled in a Cigna health plan with OU, then you qualify for different levels of insurance coverage depending on the length and purpose of your trip. Explore the tabs below to learn more.

Business Travel

If you're traveling outside of the U.S. on business for OU, find out more based on the length of your trip:

Personal Travel

If you're traveling outside of the U.S. for non work-related, personal reasons and are currently enrolled in a Cigna health plan through OU, then you are covered for urgent and emergency care outside of the U.S.

Medical Insurance within the U.S.

If you're enrolled in an OU Cigna plan, your coverage travels with you all over the U.S. Just search for in-network facilities and providers in the area where you'll be traveling using Using out-of-network facilities and providers will mean more out-of-pocket expenses.

Additional Travel Coverage

In addition to any other coverage, all OU employees have access to TravelConnect services through Lincoln Financial Group.

  • TravelConnect Employee Guide (flyer)
  • For information, go to, click TravelConnect on the right side of the page, then enter policy number 000010221305 to enter the UHC Global site and access travel information. 
  • To use TravelConnect services, call UnitedHealthcare Global at 800-527-0218 and provide them with ID number 322541.